• Roman’s Driving School is great for men and women of all ages! Roman’s great attitude and unique approach helps to make every driver better, more focused and confident on the road. I highly recommend him!

    by Greg

Your Message


Frequently Asked Questions



For Automobile Drivers In Level Two as a novice driver, which lasts at least 12 months, you can drive at any time of day or night, without an accompanying driver. You may also drive on any Ontario road. Two important conditions still apply in Level Two: 1. You must not drink any alcohol if you are going to drive. Your blood alcohol must still be zero when you're driving.. 2. Each person must have a seat belt, so your vehicle is not over-crowded and every passenger is protected. You must pass the Level Two road test to become a fully licensed class G driver. Novice Driver Re-qualification: Your Level One or Level Two novice licence will expire if you do not exit the Graduated Licensing Program within 5 years after you obtained your novice licence. To keep your driving privileges, you can take the appropriate road test to graduate to the next level of licence, example, take Level One road test to graduate to Level Two, or Level Two road test to graduate to a full class licence. If not, your licence will expire and you will have to take the knowledge test to re-qualify for Level One, or take Level One road test to re-qualify for Level Two. This information is from the Ontario’s Driver Examination Centres.

What is DriveTest?

DriveTest is the new brand for Ontario’s Driver Examination Centres, formerly managed by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO). DriveTest Centres are operated by Serco DES Inc. under a 10 year licence agreement with MTO For a list of DriveTest Centre locations, click here. For a list of driver examination services available at DriveTest Centres, click here. DriveTest is bound by Government of Ontario policy on protection of personal information. For more details click here.

What does graduated licensing mean?

If you're a new automobile driver, it means you'll earn full driving privileges in two stages. In the first stage, Level One, you'll learn and practise driving under conditions that reduce your risk of collisions. When you have more experience, you'll be able to take a road test to enter the second stage, Level Two, with more privileges. After a year in Level Two, you can take another test to qualify for a full driver's licence

Why do we need graduated licensing?

Too many people are being killed and injured on Ontario roads: • New drivers of all ages are much more likely to get into crashes than experienced drivers • Collisions are the leading killer of people between 16 and 24 Graduated licensing is one way of cutting down the risks new drivers face —a way to prevent collisions and save lives. It's just one of many things the government is doing to make Ontario's roads the safest in North America.

How does the program work?

New drivers of passenger vehicles learn to drive with six important conditions in Level One. Drivers earn more privileges after passing a road test to enter Level Two. At the end of 12 months in Level Two, they can earn a full driver's licence when they pass another road test. New motorcycle drivers learn to drive with four conditions in Level One, which last at least 60 days. They must pass a road test to enter Level Two, with more privileges. They earn a full motorcycle licence when they pass a skills test after 18 to 22 months in Level Two.  

Can I shorten the time it takes to get a full car or motorcycle licence?

Yes — when you learn more about safe driving in a Ministry-approved driver education course, you will be eligible to apply for the Level One (class G1) exit road test sooner. A passenger vehicle driver can finish Level One after only eight months by completing a ministry-approved driver education course Motorcycle drivers who complete a motorcycle safety course in Level One can move into Level Two after 60 days. Level Two will take 18 months instead of 22 months if you provide evidence of successful completion of a ministry-approved safety course in either level.

What is a Ministry-approved driver education course?

A Ministry-approved driver education course for automobile drivers is one that: • Gives you a minimum of 25 hours classroom and 10 hours in-car teaching (12 hours for standard transmission); • "Has you sign and gives you the original of an official "MTO-approved Beginner Driver Education Student Record" bearing the Ontario Government logo. To improve the integrity of the program and to identify/prevent fraudulent use, the new Student Record contains many unique security features. For those students that completed their course prior to November 6th, 2004, they have been issued with an "MTO-approved Beginner Driver Education Certificate" Many commercial driving schools and all high schools with driver education programs offer Ministry of Transportation-Approved Beginner Driver Education courses. Shop carefully because only if you pass a ministry-approved course can you shorten the time it takes to earn full licence privileges and you may qualify for potential vehicle insurance discounts. For a ministry-approved motorcycle driver education course contact your local community college, call the Ministry of Transportation at 416-235-3999 or 1-800-387-3445 or visit the Ministry’s website atwww.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/gradu/approve.htm

What should accompanying drivers do?

If you are going to be an accompanying driver, it's a good idea to re-read the Driver's Handbook to refresh your knowledge of the rules of the road There are always roads you can use instead of 400-series highways and expressways, but if you do need to use a high-speed road, your accompanying driver can take over. You may practise on high-speed roads with a licensed driving instructor as your accompanying driver.

Does experience in Level One and Level Two count toward the four years' experience you need to be an accompanying driver?

Yes, that experience counts.  

Why can't I drive on high-speed expressways, in Level One?

High-speed collisions cause more damage than those at lower speeds. That's why it makes sense to reduce the risks while you practise in Level One. When you have more driving skills, you'll have a better chance of reacting quickly to avoid collisions. There are always roads you can use instead of 400-series highways and expressways, but if you do need to use a high-speed road, your accompanying driver can take over. You may practise on high-speed roads with a licensed driving instructor as your accompanying driver.

Why must there be a seat belt for every passenger?

Seat belts are the best way to avoid injury in a collision. This condition lets you drive with family and friends and at the same time ensures that the vehicle is not over-crowded and everyone is protected in case of a collision.

Why can't I drive after midnight?

Staying off the road when the risks are highest is a good way to avoid collisions: • Half of the fatal collisions involving new drivers happen at night. • People are tired, it'